When it comes to investor relations communications, companies are increasingly taking a multi-faceted approach. Some examples include communicating more broadly with stakeholders through ESG roadshows, hybrid investor days and video webcasts.
While it may seem like additional work to build out a broader strategy, in the end, companies who create new types of engagement will attract fresh capital, cement the loyalty of their base and uncover new ways to tell consistent and compelling stories to a wider audience.
So - how can you begin to expand your IR communications strategy? Keep reading to learn the 10 questions you should be asking to improve stakeholder engagement.
The Stakeholder Engagement Checklist
How can you start to reconsider your approach? Here are 10 questions you should be asking:
- Are you telling a consistent story to all stakeholders across different communications channels i.e. IR website, social media, etc?
- Are you ensuring your sustainability message is expressed in a way that will resonate with multiple stakeholder audiences?
According to a study released in 2022 by FCLTGlobal and the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, public companies that paired strong language with strong performance on material ESG measures generated 4% higher returns over a three-year period.
- Does the IR team have an opportunity to explain materiality and convey stakeholder concerns to the organization more broadly, ensuring everyone is on the same page about what to communicate?
- Are you using video to make your virtual and hybrid investor days more compelling?
- Have you added a “contact us” box to your IR website?
- Do you accept text questions from stakeholders during online events?
- Are you working with your CEO, public relations team and in-house ESG experts to address sustainability and social issues?
- Are you engaging with online forums like Twitter and Reddit where millennial investors congregate?
- Is information on your company easy to find and digest through infographics and other visual communications?
- Are you making sure the production values for video used in hybrid events, online investor days, and sustainability roadshows are as professional as possible?
As you begin to answer these 10 questions, you’ll find the answers will help you build a strategy which ensures a broad group of stakeholders (and their needs) are addressed.
Your audience is hungry to listen to your company’s latest news about sustainability and other less traditional topics. Above all, stakeholders want companies to tell a consistent and coherent story - from analysts to retail investors and members of the communities where operations are located.
Learn More In Our New eBook
In our new eBook, you’ll get even more best practices and insights to help you tell a consistent and cohesive investment story across digital channels.
In 2022, communicating with investors and stakeholders requires companies to address sustainability, corporate purpose, and even a rapidly shifting news cycle - from COVID-19 protocols to racial protests.
In our new eBook, you’ll get tips for how to tell a consistent and cohesive story to engage stakeholders, including the latest on:
- The rise of stakeholder value and corporate purpose
- Sustainability reporting and trends
- The growing importance of engaging retail investors
- IR events across in-person and digital channels
Download your free copy today.
Get IR Updates Sent To Your Inbox!
Don't miss our IR product news, webinars, blogs, resources, and more.
Notified and Nasdaq OneReport: Simplify ESG Data Management and Reporting
Order out of chaos. Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) has
How To Improve Investor Relations Website Accessibility
When it comes to investor relations websites, it’s important to use a
Stakeholder Engagement in 2022: From Hybrid Events to ESG
The demand for companies to provide transparent and timely stakeholder